I had 3 bananas lurking in the freezer drawer. I didn’t want to make banana bread instead I fancied some Thai style banana fritters that I had in a restaurant here some time back. By the way, I have never been to the Land of smiles!
I am no expert but I am quite sure that the Thai style fritters required fresh bananas for they come as a whole fruit with the batter on the outside. It is usually served with honey.
I decided to experiment and came up with my own version using frozen bananas. They were quite yummy with dairy free vanilla ice cream served on the side
3 frozen bananas
100g Rice Flour
A pinch of salt and baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Oil for deep frying
- Add the frozen bananas, rice flour, salt and baking powder and mix them all together using a fork.
- Heat oil in medium heat for deep frying.
- Add the sugar if using to the gooey mixture.
- Using a spoon ( I used a teaspoon), gently drop a spoonful of the mixture in the hot oil and fry until it is cooked and is brown in colour.
- Drain the fritters in a kitchen towel.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.