Here in our part of England, we have had rain for most days for the last four weeks. Every time I look out of the window, it is either raining or it has just stopped raining! We don’t usually get this much of rain. In fact, as I write this, it has started raining yet again. I am slightly annoyed that I have not been able to go for my wee walks.
There was a bar of dark cooking chocolate lurking about in the pantry and I decided that this will be the day that I make something with it so here is the recipe for my dairy and gluten free Chocolate and Walnut Cookies.
150g – 70% Dark Chocolate (100g for melting, 50g to be chopped in chunk)
*dark chocolates are usually dairy free but please check the ingredients.
125ml – Olive oil
125g – Caster Sugar
1 – egg (beaten)
200g – Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
50g – Chopped Walnuts
1/2tsp – Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a large baking sheet.
- Melt 100g of chocolate over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave.
- Beat the Olive oil, egg and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the melted chocolate. Stir in the chocolate chunks and the walnuts.
- Stir in the flour and roll the mixture into 16 small balls.
- Place the balls on the baking tray and press down to flatten a little.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sea salt flakes as soon as the cookies are removed from the oven.
- Allow to cook a little and transfer to a rack.
- Once completely cooled, enjoy!
These will make a great edible gift!