This potato dish goes very well with roast chicken. It is fairly easy to prepare and the best thing is that the oven does most of the work.
Recipe (Serves 2 to 3)
4 medium potatoes. peeled and thinly sliced (I use organic ones)
2 small shallots, thinly sliced
Dairy free butter, enough to grease the baking dish and to dot the potatoes (I use Stork)
Rice milk, enough to cover the potatoes. (I use Alpro)
- Rub the baking dish liberally with the dairy free butter.
- Arrange one layer of the sliced potatoes.
- Dot it with dairy free butter.
- Scatter a few of the thinly sliced onions and season with salt.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you run out of the sliced potatoes.
- Pour enough milk to cover the potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170c for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.