We had Stuffed Chicken Supreme for Sunday lunch yesterday and it went down a treat. The Mhinisteir thought it was shop bought!!! I took it as a compliment.
2 Chicken Supremes (Fillets with the wing tip attached)
4 Rashes of bacon
6 Ready to eat pitted prunes
1 tablespoon Cashew nuts (you can use pine nuts if you don’t have cashew in your cupboard)
1 dessertspoon olive oil plus some for brushing
1 tablespoon red wine (you can use port if you don’t have red wine)
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Blitz the prunes, cashew nuts, shallot and garlic in a food processor. It should resemble a paste.
- Saute the paste in olive oil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Make pockets in both the Chicken supremes and divide the prune and cashew paste between the 2 Chicken supremes. Seal the stuffing by wrapping 2 rashes of bacon each.
- Brush the Chicken supremes and the baking tray with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the Oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the Chicken Supreme from the oven and keep warm by wrapping them in foil
- Add the red wine onto the baking tray and heat it up in the hob until it becomes syrupy.
- Serve the Chicken supreme with the red wine jus, mash and seasonal vegetables.